THE Y FOR
We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
F.I.T. 4 Me
Motivation, Support & Accountability
Finding it tough to start and stick to a regular exercise routine? Enroll in our F.I.T. 4 Me
(Fitness Introduction Training) program and receive one-on-one support to help you get back into the
exercise habit. This program is designed to help you make lifestyle
changes through the combination of a structured exercise program and
- Free to members.
- Choose from an 8 week, 10 week or 12 week program.
- See session options below and sign up at the welcome desk for an appointment.
If you are new to exercise or have been away for
awhile, Fit 12 is an ideal option. Work under the guidance of a
Wellness Coach, meeting one-on-one four times over the course of the 12
weeks. Your coach will add elements to your program at each appointment.
- Appointment 1, Week 1: Cardio only
- Appointment 2, Week 3: Add machines for major muscle groups
- Appointment 3, Week 7: Add machines for supporting muscle groups
- Appointment 4, Week 12: Follow up/graduation; introduce functional training
the Fit 10 option if you have minimal gym experience but are fairly
active in your daily life. Work under the guidance of a
Wellness Coach for 10 weeks, covering all of the components of Fit
Light, but combining the first two appointments.
- Appointment 1, Week 1: Cardio and machines for major muscle groups
- Appointment 2, Week 3: Add machines for supporting muscle groups
- Appointment 3, Week 10: Follow up/graduation
the Fit 8 option if you are an active person who likes the
accountability of checking in with a trainer. Work under the
guidance of a
Wellness Coach for eight weeks in this faster-moving program, geared
those with some exercise experience.
- Appointment 1, Week 1: Cardio and all machines
- Appointment 2, Week 6-8: Introduction to free weights, balls and bands; graduation at week 8.